This is one of my go to salad dressing recipes that I picked up in culinary school. Not only is it quick and easy to make, it also goes great with virtually any vegetable or meat. I’ve found it goes best with chicken, salmon, tuna, chickpeas and hard-boils eggs. I haven’t tried steak yet, but I’m sure it would be great with that too. Steak caesar anyone?
This is also a great dressing for salads that aren’t the main event. For example, sometimes I will make ratatouille and serve a side salad with mixed greens and radish and this dressing. I even used it for a salad that I made one year for Thanksgiving!
- slight tang
- healthy fats
- no-added sugar
Ingredients – 1 cup dressing
- 1 large clove garlic
- 1 rib celery, de-ribbed and chopped
- 1 tbsp prepared horseradish (no added sugar, I get mine from Whole Foods), or ground root
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp light miso
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1/2 tbsp dulse flakes
- 1/4 cup filtered water
- 1/4 cup EVOO
- 2 tbsp flax oil
- Combine all ingredients, except water in a high-speed blender and puree until smooth.
- Add in water, blend on low, slowly add in oils and increase speed to high. Blend on high until the dressing emulsifies.
- Store dressing in a sealed glass jar in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.